This roadway reconstruction and widening project along Concord Road began at the intersection with CR 350 S (Veterans Memorial Parkway) and extended north approximately 300 LF south of the intersection with Brady Lane in the City of Lafayette. The project also included a multiuse pathway along the length of the project and environmentally desirable features, such as plantings and permeable concrete, to absorb water and reduce runoff. The active CSX rail crossing within the limits of the project was modified to accommodate a future “silent crossing,” limiting the number of times the trains will be permitted to sound their horns.
- Widening of the existing 2-lane roadway to 4-11’ wide travel lanes with a left turn lane at the intersection of Concord Road and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Total length – .961 miles
- Construction cost – $2.6M
- Future “silent crossing” within project limits
- Utilization of grasses and plantings to absorb runoff
- Multi-use pathway along roadway constructed from permeable concrete