The improvements in the Edgewood Grove and Oakland Subdivisions facilitate better drainage of the streets and eliminate low spots that collect water during rain events. Also, reconstruction of the areas included new streets, sidewalks and curbs, as well as a new median along Adams Boulevard, and revisions to other existing medians. Additionally, the streets were widened slightly for improved traffic flow.
- Project Cost – $9 million
- 24” through 66” storm sewers
- Collector storm sewers which convey flow from the neighborhood to a new 45 CFS lift station
- 36” force main transfer flow from station to Thompson Ditch outlet
- Concurrent neighborhood reconstruction including streets, curbs , sidewalks and medians
- Elimination of flow into city’s combined sewer system
- Coordination of four phases of construction