HWC Engineering partnered with a private developer, Investment Property Advisors (IPA) and the city of Muncie to complete the Village Promenade Project in Muncie, Indiana.
The project included demolition of 2.34 acres of old development and infrastructure in the heart of “The Village” area south of Ball State University. The new, multi-story mixed-use building provide modern student housing with more than 220 apartments. The buildings also include more than 20,000 square feet of commercial and retail space. The project also included a parking garage with more than 350 parking spots, including bicycle spaces.
Project highlights included:
- Demolition of existing parking lots, streetscape and buildings
- Utility relocations and modifications
- Landscape and streetscape design
- CSO sanitary and storm sewer separation
- Green roof systems
- Public-private partnership