HWC assisted the City of Princeton in solution congestion problems at one of the City’s most utilized intersections. The citizens previously dealt with over 50 trains a day, causing delays and essentially cutting the City in half. While they were initially wary of the functionality of the roundabout, local citizens have found it to be the correct solution. Traffic now flows without disruption, eliminating congestion and traffic delays at this intersection.
- A modern roundabout was constructed to alleviate congestion
- HWC provided design, utility coordination, bidding and construction inspection services
- Sized to handle fire trucks, semi-truck traffic and farm machinery
- Improvements included 300 LF of urban roadway on each approach, a new storm drainage system, and accommodations for lighting and water features in the roundabout’s interior
- Constructed in 2008 with 100% local funding
- Construction cost – $464,000
- Aesthetics include a waterfall and landscaping in the interior and a pocket park on the southwest corner of the intersection