HWC Engineering is a full-service consulting engineering firm that provides water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation, inspection, site engineering, survey, landscape architecture and planning services for both the public and private sectors.
Founded in 1989 in Terre Haute, Indiana, HWC has additional offices in Indianapolis, Lafayette, New Albany, Muncie and Hammond, allowing us to provide professional engineering services to clients throughout Indiana and the Midwest.
Recognized as one of Indiana’s fastest growing engineering firms in recent years, HWC recruits some of the very best professionals in the business. This quality growth is part of our plan to provide the best possible service to our clients. It is an extension of our heritage, growing out of 85 years in the construction business and 30 years in the business of professional engineering.
In August 2011, HWC acquired Floyd E. Burroughs & Associates (FEBA) and added multiple engineers to our transportation design staff and expanded our capabilities to include small structure and bridge design.
- Recipient of the 2020 Monumental Merit Award for the King Street Project
- Recipient of the 2019 INASLA Design- Constructed Award for Edison Park
- Recipient of the 2017 ACEC Engineering Excellence State Finalist Award for the Portland Water Park
- Recipient of the 2014 ACEC Engineering Excellence Merit Award for the Madison County Bridge #97 Reconstruction Project
- Recipient of the 2014 ACEC Engineering Excellence Award for the Lebanon Seashore Waterpark
- Repeat recipient of the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Top 100 Growth Award
- ACEC National Project Finalist
- Named a “Top 50” Midwest Design Firm by Midwest Construction magazine
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Greater Louisville Area”
- Ranked the 8th largest engineering firm in Indiana by the Indiana Business Journal
- Named one of the “Best Places To Work,” from 2016-2020 by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 17th largest engineering firm in Louisville, Kentucky by the Lousiville Business First