Union Street Reconstruction
This project was a road reconstruction with storm and sanitary improvements along with new sidewalks on both sides of Union Street. New decorative barrier walls were constructed on both sides under the railroad bridge. Also, new retaining walls and handrails were installed for public safety. During the project a new 8” water main and new service laterals were installed throughout the entire project. The project was 80% funded by federal funds through the Indiana Department of Transportation, with the remaining 20% coming from the City of Winchester. Total project cost was $1.6 million.